General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) is the EU’s new data privacy law, effective from 25 May 2018. It focuses on how businesses collect and handle personal data, and ensures that everyone in the EU has the right to access, correct, delete, and restrict the use of their data at any time. It also lays out strict guidelines around consent. For more details visit www.eugdpr.org
- York Bus Forum (the Forum) is committed to complying with GDPR and protecting the information of our members, our affiliated organisations and everyone we work with.
Bus Service Issues
- If you contact us about an issue related to bus services in the York area (including those services to/from the city), we have a legitimate interest in sharing some of your information with the operator or organisation concerned. We will keep a record of your issue, including your contact information, currently for a period of 5 years. You can ask to see this information at any time.
Members and Affiliates
- If you sign up to become a member of the Forum, we will only contact you with information about our work, forthcoming meetings and events and relevant bus service developments. We will not share your data with any third parties (other than as described at section 3 above). You can ask to change your data preferences or have your details removed at any time (see section 6 below).
- If you are an affiliated organisation, you will be given the option of having your contact details shown on the appropriate part of our website and you can ask for this information to be changed or removed at any time.
Changing your data
- You can ask to see, change or remove whatever data we hold on you, at any time. To change your data preferences either email email@example.com or write to: Dave Merrett, YBF Membership Secretary, 27 White House Gardens, York, YO24 1DZ and the changes will be made as soon as practicable.
- If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or write to: Customer Contact, Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF
York Bus Forum August 2018